Union County Municipal Courts Attorney
Traffic and DWI Lawyers Represent Clients in Union County, New Jersey
Our firm regularly represents clients in the Union County Municipal Courts, which are located in Berkeley Heights, Clark, Cranford, Elizabeth, Fanwood, Garwood, Hillside, Kenilworth, Linden, Mountainside, New Providence, Plainfield, Rahway, Roselle, Roselle Park, Scotch Plains, Springfield, Summit, Union, Westfield, and Winfield.
Traffic Charges & Disorderly Persons Offenses Handled in Union County Municipal Courts
Municipal Courts handle a variety of cases, including minor criminal offenses, traffic violations and parking tickets, and violations of local ordinances (such as dog barking and building code violations).
Examples of traffic violations handled by Municipal Courts are:
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
Criminal offenses frequently handled in Municipal Court include:
- Simple Assault
- Possession of Marijuana or Drug Paraphernalia
- Disorderly Conduct
- Resisting Arrest
- Underage Drinking
Often, complaints for serious criminal offenses, such as Robbery, Auto Theft, or Aggravated Assault, are filed in Municipal Court and are later transferred to the Superior Court.
Union County Judges
The Judges currently serving in Union County Criminal Court are:
- Presiding Judge Scott J. Moynihan
- Joseph P. Donohue
- Douglas M. Fasciale
- James C. Heimlich
- Stuart Peim
- John S. Triarsi
Municipal Court Judges, Prosecutors, and Court Schedules
Municipal Court Judges are appointed by the Mayor, the local governing board, or the Governor. Each Judge serves for a term of three years. The court schedules vary by locality, but many Municipal Courts conduct trials and hearings during the evening hours.
The following is a list of Union County Municipal Courts, the Judge(s) and Prosecutor(s) for each Municipal Court, and the Court’s Schedule:
Municipality Judge Prosecutor Court Schedule
- Berkeley Heights, 29 Park Avenue; Donald P. Bogosian, Craig V. O’Connor; 1st & 3rd Thursday, 2nd Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.
- Clark, 315 Westfield Avenue; Antonio Inacio, Jon Henry Barr Jr.; 1st & 3rd Tuesday at 10:00 a.m., 2nd Wednesday at 6:00 p.m.
- Cranford, 8 Springfield Avenue; James M. Bell, Norman Albert; Monday at 5:30 p.m., Additional Sessions as scheduled., Special Sessions on Thursday at 12 p.m., as directed.
- Elizabeth Municipal Court, One Police Plaza Annex 208 Commerce Pl.; Roman A. Montes, Chief Judge Carl L. Marshall, Daniel Russell, Richard J. Obuch, Norma Murgado, Ashton Thomas, Patricia Mack, Anabella Decruz-Melo, Judy DeRosa; Monday – Friday at 8:45 a.m., Monday – Wednesday at 6:00 p.m., DWI: Thursday at 4:00 p.m.
- Fanwood, 75 N. Martine Street; Susan M. MacMullen, Lara DeFabrizio; Thursday at 4:00 p.m. (Twice Monthly)
- Garwood, 403 South Avenue; Susan M. MacMullen, Steven H. Merman; Monday at 7:00 p.m. (twice monthly)
- Hillside, 1409 Liberty Avenue; Norma Garcia, Harold S. Wovsaniker, Lara DeFabrizio, Hugh Keffer; 3rd, 4th & 5th Tuesday at 8:30 a.m., Thursday at 5:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m.
- Kenilworth, 567 Boulevard; Jonathan H. Rosenbluth, Lara DeFabrizio; Monday at 7:00 p.m., Special Sessions when necessary. Thursday at 5:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m.
- Linden, 301 N. Wood Avenue; Louis M. J. DiLeo, Nicholas P. Scutari; Tuesday & 1st Wednesday at 8:30 a.m., Remaining Wednesday at 6:00 p.m., Monday at 6:00 p.m., (Sept.-May).
- Mountainside, 1385 Route #22; James DeRose, Frank Sahaj; Thursday at 9:00 a.m., 2nd Wednesday at 5:00 p.m., No Court 2nd Thursday.
- New Providence, 360 Elkwood Avenue; Donald P. Bogosian, Robert C. Thelander; 1st & 3rd Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Plainfield, 325 Watchung Avenue; Joan Robinson Gross, Andrew Baron, Charles Craig, Robert Wilson, Tangela Mitchell-Thomas, Sheila Elington; Monday – Friday at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
- Rahway, One City Hall Plaza; David Ericksen, Richard A. Fazzari; Thursday at 2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m., 2nd Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. – DWI 3rd Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. – Private Sessions
- Roselle, 210 Chestnut Street; Georgia Jones, Dave Conti, Anthony Mack, Tuesday at 6:30 pm.; Thursday at 9:00 a.m. 3 times per month.
- Roselle Park, 110 Westfield Avenue; Jeffrey M. Angelo, Michael Mitzner; Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
- Scotch Plains, 430 Park Avenue, Antonio Inacio, Randolph Brause; Monday at 1:00 p.m., 1st Monday at 6:00 p.m.
- Springfield, 100 Mountain Avenue; Steven W. Firsichbaum, Michael Wittenberg; Monday at 5:00 p.m.
- Summit, 512 Springfield Avenue; Donald P. Bogosian, Michael Mitzner; Wednesday at 9:00 a.m., 1st Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m.
- Union, 981 Caldwell Avenue; Peter R. Brogan, Chief Judge, Jonathan H. Rosenbluth, Drew Bauman, Mark Cassidy, Michael Wittenberg; 1st Appearance: Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.,Trials: Monday at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. & 6:00 p.m., Thursday at 6:00 p.m.
- Westfield, 425 E. Broad Street; Brenda Coppola, Cuba Christine Nugent; Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. or 4:30 p.m.
- Winfield, 12 Gulfstream Avenue, Jeffrey M. Gechtman, Dave Conti; 2nd & 4th Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.