Robert C. Rowbotham II
Location: Scotch Plains, New Jersey
E-mail: E-mail Me
Mr. Rowbotham has been practicing law in the State of New Jersey since 2003. He concentrates his practice in personal injury and criminal defense. In his personal injury practice, Mr. Rowbotham represents those injured in construction accidents, automobile accidents, premises liability (slip and fall) and products liability matters. His criminal practice focuses on the representation of those who have been charged with criminal and motor vehicle offenses throughout the State of New Jersey.
Mr. Rowbotham received his undergraduate degree from Montclair State University and his law degree from the Seton Hall University-School of Law. After graduating from law school, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Paul J. Vichness, J.S.C. Following his clerkship, he joined the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office as an Assistant Prosecutor. There, he was assigned to the Trial Squad as a Senior Trial Partner. He investigated and prosecuted a wide array of criminal offenses including narcotics (CDS) possession and distribution, aggravated assault, receiving stolen property (RSP), theft, robbery, fraud, forgery, child abuse and sexual assault.
Mr. Rowbotham then joined the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office – Division of Criminal Justice. He was assigned to the Corruption Bureau, where he investigated and prosecuted matters involving public corruption and official misconduct by public officials. These prosecutions focused on politicians, government officials, government employees and government contractors. Mr. Rowbotham is now in private practice and his practice primarily focuses on personal injury and criminal defense matters.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Construction Accidents and Injuries
- Automobile Accidents and Injuries
- Premises Liability (Slip and Fall)
- Criminal Defense
- Municipal Court
- Workers’ Compensation
- New Jersey, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2003
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Juris Doctor – 2003
- Montclair State University
- Bachelor of Arts – 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Essex County Bar Foundation, Member
- Irish American Bar Association of New Jersey, Secretary
Past Employment Positions
- The Hon. Paul J. Vichness, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Clerk, 2003 – 2004
- Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, Asst. Prosecutor, 2004 – 2008
- New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Div. of Criminal Justice, Corruption Bureau, Deputy Attorney General, 2008 – 2009
DISCLAIMER: No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters; a description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html.