Shoplifting Attorney in Springfield, New Jersey
Springfield NJ Theft Lawyers Help Clients Beat Shoplifting Charges
If you have been charged with shoplifting in Springfield, your case will be handled in either Springfield Municipal Court or Union County Superior Court depending on the value of the merchandise. Union County Superior Court is located at 2 Broad Street in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Springfield Municipal Court is located at 100 Mountain Avenue. The Honorable Jonathan H. Rosenbluth presides over the Court.
Penalties for Shoplifting in Springfield NJ
The penalties for a shoplifting conviction in Springfield are serious. The table below outlines the penalties for each offense.
Merchandise Value Imprisonment FineType of Offense$75,000 or more5 – 10 yearsUp to $150,0002nd DegreeOver $500 and less than $75,0003 – 5 yearsUp to $150,0003rd Degree$200 to $500Up to 18 monthsUp to $10,0004th DegreeLess than $200Up to 6 monthsUp to $1,000Disorderly Persons
Common Types of Shoplifting Offenses in Springfield, New Jersey
Shoplifting offenses include:
- Taking merchandise without paying the full retail price;
- Concealing merchandise with the intent to deprive the owner of its full value;
- Altering, transferring, or removing the label or price tag of any merchandise with the intent to deprive the owner of its full value;
- Transferring merchandise from one container to another with the intent of depriving the owner of its full value;
- Under-ringing merchandise; or
- Removing a shopping cart with no intention of returning it.
Free Consultations Available – Springfield Shoplifting Lawyer
The law firm of Bramnick, Rodriguez, Grabas, Arnold & Mangan, LLC represents individuals who have been charged with shoplifting. If you have been charged with a shoplifting offense in Springfield, we may be able to assist you. Our defense attorneys have many years of experience handling shoplifting cases. Casey Woodruff, Gary Grabas, and Robert Rowbotham, II. are former Prosecutors. Jon Bramnick is a Certified Civil Trial Lawyer with over 30 years of trial experience.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation to discuss shoplifting offenses in Springfield, contact us at: (908) 322-7000.