Morris County Municipal Courts Lawyer
DUI & Traffic Attorney Defends Clients Throughout Morris County, New Jersey
In New Jersey, Municipal Courts have limited jurisdiction, which means the Municipal Courts only have authority to hear certain cases. Generally, this authority extends only to minor offenses within the municipality’s boundary.
Morris County contains several Municipal Courts. Each incorporated municipality has its own court. The jurisdiction of Morris County Municipal Courts includes Boonton, Butler, Chatham, Denville, Dover, East Hanover, Florham Park, Hanover, Harding, Jefferson, Lincoln Park, Long Hill, Madison, Mendham, Montville, Morris Plains, Morristown, Mountain Lakes, Mt. Olive, Parsippany, Randolph, and Rockaway.
Morris County Municipal Court Offenses
Municipal Courts typically handle cases involving traffic tickets, minor criminal offenses, and local ordinance violations.
Some common Municipal Court traffic ticket offenses include:
- Drunk Driving: DWI / DUI
- Driving on a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving Without Insurance
- Careless or Reckless Driving
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
Typical Morris County Municipal Court criminal offenses involve:
- Simple Assault
- Shoplifting (Theft)
- Drug Possession (Marijuana)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Disorderly Conduct
- Resisting Arrest
- Underage Drinking
Examples of local municipal ordinance violations are:
- Leash Law infractions
- Building Code violations
Morris County Superior Court
Some criminal cases begin in Municipal Court and are eventually elevated to the Superior Court level. At the Morris County Superior Court level, one of the following judges will preside over the case:
- Salem Vincent Ahto
- Thomas V. Manahan
- John B. Dangler
Morris County Municipal Court Judges, Prosecutors, Websites, and Court Schedules
Municipal Court Judges and Prosecutors are generally appointed by the Mayor, the town council, or the Governor. Court Schedules are determined by each municipality. The following is a list of Morris County Municipal Court Judges, Prosecutors, Websites, and Court Schedules:
Municipality Judge Prosecutor Website Court Schedule
- Boonton Town, 100 Washington St. Boonton, NJ; Arnold Miniman, Douglas Cabana www.boonton.org, Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m., No court on the fifth Tuesday.
- Boonton Township, 155 Powerville Rd. Boonton Township, NJ; Helen Zanetakos, Douglas Cabana, www.boontontownship.com, 2nd Wednesday at 1:30 p.m.
- Butler, 1 Ace Road Butler, NJ; John A. Paparazzo, Edward Azar, www.butlerborough.com, 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
- Chatham Borough, 54 Fairmount Ave Chatham, NJ; Vincent J. McMann, Thomas A. Shepard, www.chathamborough.org, The 1st & 3rd Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
- Chatham Township, 58 Meyersville Rd. Chatham, NJ; Vincent J. McMann, Peter A. Fico, www.chathamtownship.org, 1st & 3rd Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- Denville Township, 1 St. Mary’s Place Denville, NJ; Arnold Miniman, Denis Driscoll, www.thedenvillehub.com, Thursdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Dover, 37 North Sussex St. Dover, NJ; Philip Maenza, Manuel Fanarjian, www.dover.nj.us, Tuesdays & Thursdays at 12:30 p.m.
- East Hanover, Township 2 Deforest Ave East Hanover, NJ; Gerald Scala, Michael Calabro, www.easthanovertownship.com, Thursdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Florham Park, 111 Ridgedale Ave Florham Park, NJ; Gary F. Troxell, Gary Grabas, www.florhamparkboro.net, Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.
- Hanover Township, PO Box 250 1000 RT 10 Whippany, NJ; Brian O’Toole, Peter King, www.hanovertownship.com, Mondays at 5:00 p.m.
- Harding Township, 21 Blue Mill Rd. New Vernon, NJ; Robert F. Schaul, Peter A. Fico, www.hardingnj.org, 1st & 3rd Tuesday at 3:00 p.m., 2nd & 4th Fridays at 11:00 a.m.
- Jefferson Township, 1033 Weldon Rd. Lake Hopatcong, NJ; William Bowkley, Jr. James LaSala, www.jeffersontownship.net, 1st Thursday at 1:00 p.m 2nd, 3rd & 4th Thursday at 7:30 p.m., 3rd Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
- Kinnelon, 130 Kinnelon Rd. Kinnelon, NJ; John G. D’Angelo, Ralph M. Fava, www.kinnelonboro.org, 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.
- Lincoln Park, 34 Chapel Hill Rd. Lincoln Park, NJ; Andrew Wubbenhorst, Chris DiLorenzo, www.lincolnpark.org, 1st & 3rd Wednesday & 4th Thursday at 4:00 p.m.
- Long Hill Township, 915 Valley Rd. Gillette, NJ; James D. Bride, Lisa Chadwick Thompson, www.longhillnj.us, 1st 3rd Thursday at 7:00 p.m
- Madison, 111 Ridgedale Ave Florham Park, NJ; (Temporarily) Gary F. Troxell, James M. DeMarzo, www.rosenet.org, Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m
- Mendham Borough, 2 West Main St. Brookside, NJ; Vincent McMann, Peter A. Fico, www.mendhamnj.org, 2nd & 4th Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- Mendham Township, 2 West Main St. Brookside, NJ; Vincent McMann, Peter A. Fico, www.mendhamtownship.org, 2nd & 4th Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- Mine Hill Township, 10 Baker St. Mine Hill, NJ; Philip J. Maenza, Megan Lavery Smith, www.minehill.com, 1st & 3rd Wednesday at 2:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- Montville Township, 360 Route 202, STE 2 Montville, NJ; Seth Davenport, Daniel Danzi,Denis Driscoll, www.montville-township.org, Mondays at 4:30 p.m.
- Morris Plains, 531 Speedwell Ave Morris Plains, NJ; Michael Carlucci, Denis Driscoll, www.morrisplainsboro.org, Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m.
- Morris, 50 Woodland Ave Convent Station, NJ; Robert J. Nish, Craig O’ Connor, www.morristwp.com, As set by court
- Morristown, 200 South Street Morristown, NJ; Michael Noonan, Chief Judge Gary F. Troxell Vijayant Pawar, www.townofmorristown.org, Monday 4:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. 4th Tuesday, 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. 1st & 3rd Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. 2nd & 4th Thursday 4:00 & 6:00 p.m.
- Mount Arlington, 419 Howard Blvd Mount Arlington, NJ; Arnold Miniman, Douglas Cabana, www.ci.mount-arlington.nj.us, 1st & 3rd Thursday at 6:00 p.m.
- Mount Olive Township, PO Box 450 Budd Lake, NJ; Philip J. Maenza, Brian Mason, www.mountolivetownship.com, Mondays at 3:00 p.m.
- Mountain Lakes, 400 Blvd Mountain Lakes, NJ; Arnold Miniman, Brian Mason, www.mtnlakes.org 1st & 3rd Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 2:00-4:30 p.m., Remaining Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 2:00-4:30 pm
- Netcong, 23 Maple Ave Netcong, NJ; John Paparazzo, Denis Driscoll, www.netcong.org, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Monday at 5:00 p.m.
- Parsippany-Troy Hills, 3333 Route 46 East Parsippany, NJ; Anthony J. Frese, Leslie E. Silver, Peter King Douglas Cabana, www.parsippany.net, Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1:00 p.m.; Evening sessions are held on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.; and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Pequannock Township, 530 Newark-Pompton Turnpike Pompton Plains, NJ; John Paparazzo, Nicholas Galante, www.peqtwp.org, Mondays at 9:00 a.m.
- Randolph, 502 Millbrook Ave Randolph, NJ; Ira Cohen, Michael Cresitello, www.randolphnj.org, 1st Wednesday at 3:00, 5:00, & 7:00 p.m. Remaining, 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
- Riverdale, PO Box 6 Riverdale, NJ; John Paparazzo, Thomas Brunt, www.riverdalenj.com, First three Tuesdays of the month at 4:30 p.m.
- Rockaway Borough, 33 Maple Ave Rockaway Vacant, NJ; (CHECK) Manuel Fanarjian, www.rockawayborough.com, 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
- Rockaway Township, 65 Mt. Hope Rd.Rockaway, NJ; Gerard F. Smith, Denis Driscoll, www.rockawaytownship.org, Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m., Thursdays at 4:30 p.m.
- Roxbury Township, 1715 Route 46 West Ledgewood, NJ; Carl Wronko, Douglas Cabana, www.roxburynj.us, Mondays at 1:00, 3:00 & 5:00 p.m.
- Victory Gardens, 337 South Salem St. Dover, NJ; Philip Maenza, Douglas Cabana, Not Available 4th Monday at 7:00 p.m.
- Washington Township, 43 Schooleys Mtn. Rd. Long Valley, NJ; Frank Leanza, James M De Marzo, www.washtwpmorris.org, Thursdays at 4:30 p.m. (Three times per month)
- Wharton, 10 Baker St. Mine Hill, NJ; Philip Maenza, Douglas Cabana, www.whartonnj.com, Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
Free Consultations Available – New Jersey Morris County Municipal Court Attorneys
Contact us to schedule your free consultation.
You can reach us 24 hours a day: (908) 322-7000.