Scotch Plains Workplace Injury Attorneys
Skilled New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Protect Your Rights When You’ve Been Injured in Workplace Accidents
Worksite injuries are extremely common in the United States. In fact, according to 2013 statistics, 4,405 employees sustained fatal injuries in accidents on the job. That’s the equivalent of 85 deaths per week — 12 deaths per day! Further, millions of other workers were victims of extremely serious, non-fatal injuries that sidelined them from work for weeks or months.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a workplace accident, you need to speak with an experienced attorney who understands the NJ Workers’ Compensation System and its complex rules and regulations. Contact Bramnick, Rodriguez, Grabas, Arnold & Mangan, LLC for a free consultation when you’ve been injured at work in Essex, Union or Somerset counties, or any of the surrounding New Jersey communities.
What Are the Most Common Workplace Injuries That Occur in Newark, South Orange, and Jersey City, NJ?
Believe it or not – not all work place injuries are accidents involving heavy machinery like most people think. There are actually various ways people can get injured at work that don’t all involve accidents. These other occupational hazards include repetitive stress injuries, loud noises, constant physical strain from intensive computer work, and simple slips and falls on work property that require serious medical attention. These types of workplace injuries are also covered under Workers’ Compensation insurance.
That being said, some workplaces are naturally more dangerous than others. People who work on construction sites, in warehouses, factories, restaurants and medical facilities have a higher likelihood of suffering a fatal or serious injury at work. These types of workplaces actually have higher incidence of accidents that involve heavy equipment, electricity, and falls . Here are some of the most common types of workplace injuries sustained by employees at jobs like these in Hillsborough, Montclair, Scotch Plains and Bedminster, NJ:
- Overexertion: This includes injuries caused by lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying or throwing items at work.
- Slipping/Tripping: It’s easy to miss items in your path and fall if you are focused on another task while walking. Perhaps the item that you tripped over fell from a high shelf and should have been picked up but wasn’t, or you were holding a handrail that broke while walking down the stairs, or tripped on debris that fell during a storm that was never picked up – all of these slip and falls are eligible for Worker’s Compensation.
- Electrocution/Burns: People working around high voltage lines or equipment are in danger of being electrocuted or burned.
- Falls: Working on roofs or scaffolding, or another high rise construction site, can cause falls if there is faulty equipment being used.
- Equipment Malfunction: Machinery that malfunctions can entangle clothing or body parts causing serious injury.
- Repetitive Motion Injury: People who type or use jackhammers or other tools are at risk of serious repetitive stress pain such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Truck/Vehicle Accidents: A truck driver on route to a delivery can get sideswiped by another vehicle. On construction sites, fork lifts tip, cranes malfunction.
- Falling Objects: When items fall off of high shelves, ladders or buildings, people below can sustain serious head and back injuries.
All workers have a responsibility to take the proper safety precautions regardless of the type of work they do. Even with the best of intentions, people get hurt at work. If you or someone you love is suffering from injuries as a result of a workplace accident, contact Bramnick, Rodriguez, Grabas, Arnold & Mangan, LLC for a review of your case. We will protect your right to Workers’ Comp benefits and fight for maximum compensation for you in any Third Party Claims.
What Is a Third Party Claim?
As you may already know, if you are injured at work you are often not permitted to sue your employer. However, workplace injuries are some times caused by a third party’s negligence. For example, a ladder or scaffolding collapses either because the equipment was manufactured poorly or the installer did something wrong. The ladder or scaffolding companies or the installer may be liable for your injury. Similarly, maybe the safety harnesses failed and you fell or you were making a delivery to a store and slipped on spilled liquid that should have been cleaned up. In both of these scenarios and many others, there are third parties that could be held liable for your injuries. Oftentimes, there can be more than one third party claim.
It’s important to call a lawyer who is familiar with Third Party Claims. At our firm, rest assured we will do a thorough investigation following any accident. We will find out who was responsible for your injuries and fight hard to hold them responsible .
Talk to a Successful Workers’ Comp Lawyer for Free About Your Essex, Somerset, or Union County, NJ Workplace Injury
Accidents happen; that’s a fact of life. But when you are injured and out of work because of an accident that occurred at work, you deserve the full benefits of Workers’ Compensation. At Bramnick, Rodriguez, Grabas, Arnold & Mangan, LLC, rest assured we understand the complexities of these laws. We know that Workers’ Comp insurance carriers will often fight every step of the way when it comes to providing medical treatment, replacement pay and permanent disability awards for people with occupational claims.
We will fight hard for you and your family. We won’t back down to insurance companies. Contact us today for a free consultation about your case.