Defense from Deportation Lawyer in Newark, NJ
Essex County & Union County Deportation Attorney Michael Noriega Will Provide Quality Removal Defense to Keep You in the US
If you, or a loved one, are facing deportation from the United States, you must speak with a knowledgeable immigration attorney who can advise you on the available relief from immigration. Once deported from the United States, reentering legally can be virtually impossible. If you are facing removal proceedings you will need to immediately begin to build your removal defense strategy. Regardless of how long you have been living in New Jersey, whether or not you have a Green Card or legal visa status, if the US Immigration Service is targeting you for deportation, your future here may be in jeopardy.
Michael Noriega, Esq. has been fighting for the rights of immigrants facing removal proceedings since 2008. If you or a member of your family is facing removal proceedings, you have very little time to act. Contact Mr. Noriega today to get your removal defense strategy started.
Union County, NJ Immigration Lawyer Michael Noriega Will Advise You on Which Removal Defense Is Best for You
If you are being threatened with deportation, it is important to understand what protections are available to you. There are several removal defenses that Michael Noriega, Esq. can employ on your behalf to help you stay in this country.
- Adjustment of status: Even if you are in removal proceedings and facing ultimate deportation from this country, you may still be eligible to apply for lawful permanent residence and receive your green card. If you are successful, removal proceedings will be closed and you may continue to live as a green card holder in the United States.
- Waivers: If you are in removal proceedings based on a criminal record, misrepresentation to the U.S. in previous immigrant applications, or any immigration violations, you may be eligible to apply for a waiver as a defense to your removal. You need a knowledgeable lawyer to help you avoid the same issues that may have led to your removal proceedings in the first place.
- Cancellation of removal: This application can benefit both permanent residents and non-permanent residents who qualify, based on a series of elements such as time in the country, family ties to this country, lack of prior criminal history, and proof of hardships to the non-deported US Citizen relatives, or good moral character. Presenting the right evidence in a cancellation case can make the difference between achieving your green card or being deported.
- Board of Immigration Appeals: If an order of removal has been entered against you, or if the immigration judge has entered any decision against you, an appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals must be filed correctly to have your matter reviewed by a higher court. Michael Noriega has litigated cases before the Board of Immigration Appeals and will assist you in preparing and presenting a strong appeal in support of your claims.
- Post-conviction relief: A criminal conviction may seem trivial at the time, but may have far-ranging consequences, especially in the area of immigration law. Many times non-citizens agree to plea bargains without considering the ramifications on their immigration status. If there was a defect in the procedure, or you did not possess all of the information necessary to enter a knowing and voluntary plea, you may benefit from a discussion concerning Post Conviction Relief. Challenging your conviction when you were uninformed of the consequences of a plea may be the only hope left when you are facing imminent deportation. Michael Noriega has been handling PCR matters since 2003 and may be able to review the records in your criminal matter to determine if a PCR is right for you.
There are parameters to meet in all of these removal defenses. It would be unwise to try and do this without the assistance of an immigration attorney. Michael Noriega will listen to your particular story and explain your rights. He helps residents of Newark, Trenton, Camden, Jersey City, Plainfield, Union City and all other New Jersey communities fight deportation from the US.
Call New Jersey Attorney Michael Noriega for Criminal and Immigration Deportation Defense
The threat of deportation looms large for all undocumented immigrants currently in the United States. Criminal activity and charges in Municipal, State, or Federal Court are among the most common reasons an immigrant finds themselves in removal proceedings. No crime is too small and no arrest is insignificant in the eyes of immigration law enforcement. Any involvement with the law may result in removal proceedings if you are undocumented. Having an attorney that knows and understands both immigration and criminal law is key in dealing with the challenges you will face in both.
Michael Noriega Esq. is an accomplished criminal defense attorney who has successfully assisted countless NJ residents with their criminal matters, as well as their immigration cases. Call him or fill out our convenient online contact form to request a confidential consultation about your personal situation and put his legal knowledge to work for you and your family. He will work tirelessly to defend you against criminal charges and immigration matters.