DWI Defense Attorney in East Brunswick, NJ
Drunk Driving Lawyers Help Clients Fight DUI Charges in East Brunswick, New Jersey
In New Jersey, operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (“BAC”) of 0.08% or more is considered driving while intoxicated (“DWI”). A breathalyzer test known as the alcotest will determine your BAC.
Related offenses include:
- Driving or riding with an open container
- Driving with a DUI suspension
- Driving while possessing drugs
DWI offenses are generally handled by the East Brunswick Municipal Court. East Brunswick Municipal Court is located at 1 Civic Center Drive.
Penalties for Domestic Violence Charges in East Brunswick
If you are charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI)/ driving under the influence (DUI) in East Brunswick, it is important to consult an experienced New Jersey criminal lawyer. The penalties for DWI/DUI are severe. For example, the first conviction for DWI could result in a loss of license for anywhere from three (3) months to a year. Those found guilty of DWI also face a fine of up to $500 as well as possible imprisonment.
Furthermore, New Jersey assesses a surcharge of $1,000 per year for three (3) years. Failure to pay the surcharge may result in: Indefinite suspension of driving privileges; and action filed in State Superior Court by MVC which may result in securing a lien against your property, garnishing your wages or other similar action. Those convicted of a repeat offense, the penalties become even more severe: a second conviction within 10 years of the first may result in a 2 year loss of license and a third conviction within 10 years of the second may result in loss of license for 10 years.
The law firm of Bramnick, Rodriguez, Grabas, Arnold & Mangan, LLC has experienced criminal defense lawyers who have many years of experience handling DWI offenses. Jon M. Bramnick is a Certified Trial Lawyer with over 30 years of experience. Casey Woodruff, Gary Grabas and Robert Rowbotham, II are all former prosecutors. Our criminal defense attorneys regularly represent clients charged with drunk-driving offenses and focus on aggressively defending DWI cases.
Free Consultations Available – East Brunswick DWI Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with DWI in East Brunswick, New Jersey, our criminal defense attorneys may be able to assist you. If you would like to schedule a free consultation, you can reach us at (732) 651-9999. We are available 24 hours a day.
Directions to East Brunswick Municipal Court:
1 Civic Center Drive
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Traveling south on NJ Turnpike
- Take exit 9 to Route 18 South. Proceed 2.5 miles to Cranbury exit (Middlesex County Rt. 525 south). Proceed 5 lights to Rues Lane. Right turn onto Rues Lane. Go 1/4 miles to parking lot 3 on right side.
Traveling north on NJ Turnpike
- Take exit 8A. Bear right after toll booth heading west on Rt. 32. At 1st light, turn right onto Middlesex County Rte. #535 north (South River-Cranbury Rd). After 7th light, follow signs for u-turn and left turn (reverse jug-handle). Make right onto Rues Lane and proceed through light 1/4 mile to parking lot 3 on right.