Se Habla Espanol


Bramnick Law Logo

Proposed Immigration Reform Would Make U.S. Naturalization Easier

There are two ways to become a U.S. citizen: by birth or by naturalization.

If you are born in the United States, you are automatically a citizen of the country. If you are born elsewhere but have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, you are already a citizen of the United States.

You can also go through the naturalization process. To do this, you must:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Have been a permanent resident for at least five years (or have been a permanent resident of the U.S. if you are married to a U.S. citizen)
  • Meet all other eligibility requirements

Minor children of people who successfully go through the naturalization process are automatically U.S. citizens.

Proposed Immigration Reform may make it easier for immigrants to get through the naturalization process. First off, immigration coaches will be better trained to help people get through the rather complex process. A online tool to help immigrant learn the English language faster and better would be implemented. And, the citizenship test would have a more clear-cut focus on American democracy, U.S. history and what is expected of a U.S. citizen.

Michael Noriega is an experienced immigration attorney at Bramnick, Rodriguez, Grabas, Arnold & Mangan, LLC, LLC. He can help you with your green card, visa or even deportation defense. Stop fearing deportation. We will stand up for your rights. Contact us today for a free consultation about your case.

Recent Personal Injury Case Results


Since 1984, the law office of Bramnick, Rodriguez, Grabas, Arnold & Mangan, LLC has worked tirelessly to deliver proper compensation to those involved in personal injury accidents throughout New Jersey. If the best settlement for your claim is not offered, our experienced trial lawyers are prepared to take your case before a New Jersey Superior Court jury.

View More Results