Anne Marie Bramnick
Location: Scotch Plains, New Jersey
E-mail: E-mail Me
Anne Marie Bramnick is a certified criminal attorney with over seven years of prosecutorial experience working for the Union County Prosecutor’s Office. She was first assigned to the Appellate Unit, where she wrote over a dozen appellate briefs and argued several cases before the Appellate Division, the most noteworthy of which was State v. German Marquez, which was granted certification in the Supreme Court. Her Appellate Unit work also afforded her extensive experience with post-conviction relief applications, municipal appeals, and expungements. Anne Marie was then assigned to juvenile court in the Family Part, where she tried over 30 cases (bench trials) and handled hundreds of more cases all the way to final disposition. She was quickly promoted to the trial team, where she litigated over twenty jury trials, and prosecuted hundreds of felony cases, including criminal charges for aggravated assault, resisting arrest, burglary, eluding law enforcement, drug distribution, drug possession, unlawful possession of weapons, elder abuse, and attempted murder.
In 2013, Anne Marie was named Supervisor of the Domestic Violence Unit at the Union County Prosecutor’s Office and tasked with changing the way in which Union County prosecuted domestic violence cases. In this capacity, Anne Marie instituted vertical prosecution and rewrote the Domestic Violence Policy for Union County. One of the major changes in such policy is the requirement of police officers to call for trained domestic violence crisis response volunteers to meet with domestic violence victims at the police station if there is an alleged violation of a restraining order. In this position, Anne Marie also headed criminal investigations into serious domestic violence crimes, handled all of the weapon seizures/returns in Union County, and supervised all of the domestic violence prosecutions in the county, including those in family court. She also trained community agencies, police departments, and volunteers on the dynamics of domestic violence and the legal responses available to those who suffer from domestic violence in New Jersey. Additionally, Anne Marie organized the First Domestic Violence Symposium for Union County at Kean University, a program which brought many community partners together with law enforcement to begin to working collaboratively with each other.
In 2015, Anne Marie began working with the legal team at Bramnick, Rodriguez, Grabas, Arnold & Mangan, LLC, where she focuses her time on family law with a specialty in domestic violence, immigration law, criminal defense, and municipal defense.
Prior to completing law school, Anne Marie worked with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, Federal Public Defender’s Office, and clerked for U.S. Magistrate Patricia Shwartz. She also worked with the Crown Prosecutorial Services in London, England as a witness advocate. While with the Crown Prosecutorial Services, Anne Marie also trained all Victim Support, London volunteers in the dynamics of domestic violence, various methods of working with sexual assault survivors and victim advocacy for domestic violence and sexual assault victims.
While completing her undergraduate degrees, Anne Marie was also part of the first graduating class from the Institute for Women’s Leadership (IWL) at Rutgers University. While at IWL, she became a certified crisis response team member in domestic violence and worked for a domestic violence agency as a family court advocate, shelter advocate, group counselor, and crisis response team member.
Anne Marie also teaches as an adjunct professor at the Institute for Women’s Leadership at Rutgers and had the distinguished honor of being appointed to the legislature’s New Jersey Task Force on College Campus Sexual Assault.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law, including:
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders & Weapons Forfeitures
- Child Custody, Support, Parenting Time
- Criminal Defense, including:
- Municipal Defense, including:
- Traffic Violations
- Municipal Ordinance Violations
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Criminal Trial Attorney, New Jersey
- Institute for Women’s Leadership at Rutgers
- Certified Crisis Response Team Member in Domestic Violence
- Certified in Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
- Certified in Domestic Violence Crisis Intervention
Honors and Awards
- Golden Key International Honors Society
- Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honors Society
- New Jersey, 2007
- Seton Hall University School of Law, 2007
- Honors: Graduated cum laude
- Rutgers University, 2002
- Honors: Graduated magna cum laude
- Majors: Women’s Studies, Africana Studies
- Minor: Political Science
- Institute for Women’s Leadership (IWL)
Adjunct Professor, Institute for Women’s Leadership at Rutgers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Task Force on College Campus Sexual Assault, NJ Legislature
- Working Group for Domestic Violence, New Jersey Supreme Court, 2013 – 2015
- Public defender in Mountainside, since 2016
- Vice Chair of non-profit board in Newark for human trafficking
- NJ Bar Association and the Union County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Domestic Violence Unit Supervisor, Union County Prosecutor’s Office, 2014 – 2015
- Assistant Prosecutor, Union County Prosecutor’s Office, 2008 – 2014
- Law Clerk, Hon. John C. Kennedy, Essex County Superior Court, Law Division, 2007 – 2008
- Domestic Violence Training Programs, Victim Support London, 2003 – 2004
- Domestic Violence Family Court Advocate, 180 Turning Lives Around (Domestic Violence Agency), 2002 – 2003